Sunday 24 March 2013

Completing a 16k (10 mile) run


Having successfully completed shorter distances in recent months, I decided to try a 16k run.

We assembled at the start line on Manila Bay at 5am on Sunday, 24th March.


The route took us all the way along the seafront past the palm trees.


As the sun came up, it felt good that the finishing line was getting ever closer. 


1 hour and 41 minutes later, after breathing in a mixture of sea air, as well as bus and jeepney fumes from the vehicles which at times were travelling right alongside us, I arrived at the finish line.


If you've ever wondered how much a porker sweats during such a run, just click on the video below to see what happened when I took off my headband. 



Buoyed on by this latest achievement, I'm now planning to compete in my first half marathon 
(21k or 13 miles) in the Fort on Sunday 28th April.

No comments:

Post a Comment