Saturday 2 March 2013

Running a 10 kilometre race

During the past week I've competed in my first two 10 kilometres races, both of which took place here in Fort Bonifacio.


On Saturday 23rd February at around 9pm in the evening, I took part in the Manila Color Nite Run. I completed the course in 1 hour and 20 seconds and needless to say, I left copious quantities of sweat in my wake along the route. One of the cameramen managed to cut half of my body off, but he nevertheless succeeded in capturing the perspiration that was continually draining from my body.


On Sunday 3rd March at 5.30am, I was warming up for the start of the 2nd AmCham Schola Run.


I finished the course in in 59 minutes 32 seconds, finishing in 85th place out of 350 runners.
Had I run 5 seconds quicker, I would have received a medal.


As things stand, I'm managing to lead a very active lifestyle which is keeping me fairly fit. In addition to running, I'm taking salsa and Dominican bachata dance lessons, yoga classes and swimming lessons, as well as playing football, going cycling and working out in the gym. I've also adapted my diet to include a lot more protein, as I was beginning to lose muscle in addition to the 20 kilos (3 stone) of flab. I've still got a long way to go before I start to look like Charles Atlas but I certainly feel considerably better, healthier and fitter than I did 6 months ago. Long may that continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment